Give Us a Call 406-580-5014
History of Mandeville Creek
Mandeville Creek is family-owned and operated right here in Bozeman, Montana. Gordon Mandeville moved with his parents from Canada to Bozeman in 1890. His dad began working for the railroad. Wanting to be a farmer, he leased 180 acres of School Trust land from the state of Montana. The five remaining acres are now known as Mandeville Creek.
The family began building the house you see now in the summer of 1926. The basement was dug by a horse-drawn slip and the rocks for the foundation were dug from the pasture bottom northeast of the home. It was not completed until about 1945.
Gordon's son, John Mandeville (1921-2005), was born and raised right here on the property. At the time, the land was a dairy farm. Wheat, oats, barley, hay, corn and grass were also raised on the farm. The farming was done with teams of horses until motorized tractors came on the scene.
Spring Creek, now known as Mandeville Creek, runs through the property. Its source is a spring located just northeast of the Hyalite Canyon Road off South 19th Avenue.
John Mandeville's daughter, Letha, operates Mandeville Creek along with her husband Ralph.
Mandeville Creek 1121 Mandeville Lane Bozeman, Montana 59715 (406) 580-5014